Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey guys have a Jazz Sound on the way serial is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Hey guys have a Jazz Sound on the way serial is Reply with quote

Is it an 81? Also has a 60 on back of neck. I've forgotten ow to post pics on here.. It's red with a tort guard. Anyone know what the wood would be? Rosewood board. I'm putting Deacci pickups in as they has Duncans in it and don't have the originals.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be alder; nice basses
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived today. Needs a slight crank on the truss rod to bring the action down slightly but wow sounds fantastic. I have some Deacci jazz Pickups on the way for it should be amazing with them. Hipshots also sending me some new tuners these are the pre cbs reverse wound and my mind cannot deal with that. Lol Oh and itís very light. So yes Iíd assume alder itís very resonant. Is it a 1981? Daddario NYXLs arrive today for it as well. Best strings for me.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 1980 Jazz Sound had a two piece center seam Alder body but it was pretty heavy @ 9.5 lb.

lumber weight runs the gamut as it is a natural product

your serial number designates a 1981
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that thatís what I thought mines on the light side super resonant wood. The real deal. Iíd use this bass in Chicago if Iíd not passed in the lead Singing bass playing job for them. I donít play bass live usually. Its a good one. Thanks....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: