Tokai SEB info help?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean2e

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive got a tokai that I've had for a year now and its believed to be a anywhere from a 2001 to 2008 model. It has no serial number so it makes pinning down specs hard.

I got it locally from a guy who has an amazing MIJ collection. After going there to try it and others I knew there was no reason to be fake given what he told me. That and hes now my boss.

What radius would it be because I don't have gauges untill they come in the mail and when I put a fender 9.5 on its fret board its **** close.. Does a 10" radius make sense for that era Love Rock? Everyone is tell me its 12"

Oddly this is the guitar ( https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tokai-Love-Rock-LP-Tokai-LS132-SEB-rare-Electric-Guitar-WorldWide-Ship-6-11-/221913338455?fromMakeTrack=true ) My guess is whoever my boss got it off in japan hasnt taken their ebay listing down because I have the guitar in this listing. its 100% exactly the same.

thanks a bunch :)

Odd that it doesn't have a serial or a Made in Japan on the back of the headstock but stranger things have happened. Take out the neck pickup and look at the routing marks. If it is a Tokai, that will be the tell all.

brokentoes said:
Odd that it doesn't have a serial or a Made in Japan on the back of the headstock but stranger things have happened. Take out the neck pickup and look at the routing marks. If it is a Tokai, that will be the tell all.

Based on the loose translation it had been painted on the sides because it was a Demo model for the SEB line and to show the SEB it was too exposed for demo purposes?? You can see the line where it joins but only the sides are painted. Its got a full maple cap and everything else a MIJ should have. Im really trying to nail down some specs. Radius, pickups ect... Still it could be fake but why not just fake the SN??

To me that seems like a 2 piece back. It looks like I can see a seem in the back of the guitar. This would make this a non premium model. I would put a guitar like that at about $800-$900 USD (my currency). This one was $700 so not much less. SH would be the same for a different guitar. Personally I would spend a tiny bit more and make sure you are getting what you are paying for.

As for no SN "made in Japan" could be what everyone else is saying but for the money I would not risk it unless it was like $200 or so.

Latest posts

Back