eBay fake?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanH71

Reaction score
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322520018526?_mwBanner=1

This seems to cheap and I suspect the bridge and headstock with fake detail and wrong shape means this isn't a Tokai?

Please advise
Thanks
Dan

bluejeannot said:
Made in China,budget line ,low quality.

So is my guitar in the photos cheap low line quality Chinese or the eBay one, or both?

A little more detail would be appreciated.

Thanks

togps said:
DanH71 said:
..... this isn't a Tokai?

Please advise
Thanks
Dan

It is a lousy FAKAI.
Be aware!

Why is it Fake-ai?

Again a little more detail other than it is fake would be great.!?;)
If I approach the seller I must be able to tell him WHY I believe it to be fake..

FAKAI is a term applied by some Tokai fans and dealers to bogus/fake Tokais. It was applied firstly to korean made guitars passes ad Hamamatsu Japan made ones but it extended to China ones too. It is not wrong bying a chinese guitar is you know what you want but it is a fake selling a chines guitar showing/passing as japanese ones because the quality is not the same.

luis said:
FAKAI is a term applied by some Tokai fans and dealers to bogus/fake Tokais. It was applied firstly to korean made guitars passed as Hamamatsu Japan made ones but it extended to China ones too. It is not wrong bying a chinese guitar is you know what you want but it is a fake selling a chines guitar showing/passing as japanese ones because the quality is not the same.

luis said:
FAKAI is a term applied by some Tokai fans and dealers to bogus/fake Tokais. It was applied firstly to korean made guitars passes ad Hamamatsu Japan made ones but it extended to China ones too. It is not wrong bying a chinese guitar is you know what you want but it is a fake selling a chines guitar showing/passing as japanese ones because the quality is not the same.

Hi and thanks luis.

so sorry for being slow here but the fact that it is a low line Chinese build means its not produced by Tokai but some other company?

Im not at all worried about it being lowline or a copy as my understanding is the Tokai Jazz Basses are exactly that, copies of an original design.

Im trying to clarify whether its a Tokai made cheaply in China OR a jazz bass copy with NO connection with Tokai that is built in China?

Cheers
Dan

togps said:
Are you the Ebay seller?

urhhhh NO!

why would you ask that..

May I ask, do you create guitar forgeries with your in-depth knowledge?

DanH71 said:
togps said:
Are you the Ebay seller?

why would you ask that..

He's a long time and well regarded Tokai distributor. Knows a far bit more about the brand than most. Don't get so bent out of shape - you may learn something.

marcusnieman said:
DanH71 said:
togps said:
Are you the Ebay seller?

why would you ask that..

He's a long time and well regarded Tokai distributor. Knows a far bit more about the brand than most. Don't get so bent out of shape - you may learn something.

me, Im not bent out of shape. just proposing a similar question that he directed at me. no harm in that is there?

Latest posts

Back