Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody know about the M'Seeken "Let's Play Music"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloodspoint
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Anybody know about the M'Seeken "Let's Play Music" Reply with quote

I have one of these, in a dark sunburst. Looks and feels like a '58 LP, about 8 lbs, plays great.
I have no idea of the age. It's got some relic wear on it, so it could be 80's, 90's, or newer. Electronics have been replaced, so can't date it from the pots. No serial number visible anywhere. Tuning machines are no-line Kluson copies.

Anybody have any idea when these were made, and for what market?

guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the pots for any codes; that may be a possibility for obtaining a ball park age

member wulfman may be able to help

nice looking Les Paul; congrats
bloodspoint
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitar hiro wrote:
check the pots for any codes; that may be a possibility for obtaining a ball park age

member wulfman may be able to help

nice looking Les Paul; congrats

Unfortunately, no. All the electronics have been replaced. Thanks!
Loudmouse
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a "Let's play music" imported too. Great guitar but hard to find any info.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=176059

wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall reading in a few places that Mseeker was a brand made for the Ishibashi music chain in Japan.A Japanese page (https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1034071770) says it "Music Seeker" was a marketing phrase for the store in the 70s and 80s.
I think that some may have been made by Tokai.
LPjunior
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a custom m'seeker think I dated it to 93 or 89 from the pots and was made at the Tokai factory going from the routing patterns. Think quality wise I'd put it a step below all the burny's I'd had but it only cost me about 12,000 yen a few years ago so was worth the price I paid.

They made quite a few different models I've seen explorers and SG's as well as the LP's copies. From the research I did I found they were made for Ishibashi like Wulfman said but sometimes the same piece of info does end up being taken as gospel. I found a few pictures of flyers for them searching Yahhoo.jp but all in Japanese , think I might have binned them when I sold the guitar, if i get time I'll search my PC for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: