Greco PB500 'Spacy Sound'

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackass

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking to buy this locally, could anyone give me more info about it: serial is D812671, looks like it's made in 1981, quite a bit beaten up...

what wood would this be? Matsumoko made?

thanks in advance...

I'll try to upload pictures

It is made by Fujigen and those later Greco copies are extremely nice IMO.
I have a couple of 1981 SE-500 strat copies that have maple boards and sen ash bodies which is similar looking to a tight gran ash. I can't be sure that the bass has the same body wood but I'd say the odds are pretty good.

Thanks Wulfman!

I was told it was Matsumoko made... but I like the FujiGen story even better! ;)

I was hoping it to be an ash body/ maple neck combo...

Here is a picture of an SE-500 Strat from 1981. Nice pieces of wood on most Grecos of the time:
34373943454_68eff492b7_b.jpg

A little update: I bought it a few months ago and ****, it's a real good P bass, allright!
It needed a good set-up and a neck re-set, since the action was too high for me, but now it plays very well

Anybody an idea about the pickups?

jackass said:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking to transfert cdg buy this locally, could anyone give me more info about it: serial is D812671, looks like it's made in 1981, quite a bit beaten up...

what wood would this be? Matsumoko made?

thanks in advance...

I'll try to upload pictures
hi guys,

its cool to be here, i am a late comer to this side of the ocean. it all started when i wanted les paul...from that moment on it grew on me.
Thanks!

Back