• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 BURNY FLG 240 FOR SALE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbird59

Reaction score
Much discussed flg 240 on this forum as well as MLP.I only know of two others , Jacco and Villagers. Very good condition, all original, everything works as it should.Asking 4800.00.Not sure if its priced right or wrong but i have to start some where. I guess the market will give me feedback.Will ship free CONUS, not sure with the new regulations re. shipping overseas.

As you explained to me Mark, it consists of 2 layers of maple top ,much thicker than a veneer,and the pickups are sd 59. Do you have a shot showing the flames in yours for comparison.

my 240 was 1 piece maple, the 120 or 150 that I once had was 2 thicker pieces of maple or possibly a router line..and another 120 was 1 piece, they do vary somewhat, which is why i would like to see a side wall cavity pic... mine is long sold and the pics all gone..

Mark , we discussed this very guitar both online and thru pm's and email. When i won this guitar i reached out to you to confirm what it was.At the time you were calling yours a 150/240 as not enough info was available.You confirmed it was a 150/240 and said it was a lovely guitar.I do not remember seeing flames in the pu cavity on the one you recently sold.On august 22 2015, on the My Les Paul forum ,you stated my guitar was a 240.If you have new info on 240's in general or my guitar in particular, please share as i would never want to be accused of misrepresenting a guitar.Mine has the same attributes as yours and Jaccos,reverse chevrons, same back, sd 59's and nitro.Finally since this is the classified section ,do you want to make a offer?If not you can start a thread in the Burny section and i will be happy to post all of our communications and provide links to your observations about this guitar.

Jeff

Jeff, I am not disputing the guitar at all, my opinion is that it is either a 150 or a 240, just would like to see a side cavity shot!!

distinguishing between 150 and 240 is tricky as the specs are all the same, the only difference is the 240 was a custom order...and there was crossover on the years, the reason I asked is that it is always nice to have a side view of the cavity wall, sometimes the flames are visible, sometimes not, also a good shot of the seam is useful, and a headstock pic i dont remember a discussion i had yesterday never mind 2 years ago, and as I am constantly asked for my opinions on various guitars i dont remember all of them.. my point is if you are selling a very rare guitar then the more pictures the better...

villager said:
Jeff, I am not disputing the guitar at all, my opinion is that it is either a 150 or a 240, just would like to see a side cavity shot!!

distinguishing between 150 and 240 is tricky as the specs are all the same, the only difference is the 240 was a custom order...and there was crossover on the years, the reason I asked is that it is always nice to have a side view of the cavity wall, sometimes the flames are visible, sometimes not, also a good shot of the seam is useful, and a headstock pic i dont remember a discussion i had yesterday never mind 2 years ago, and as I am constantly asked for my opinions on various guitars i dont remember all of them.. my point is if you are selling a very rare guitar then the more pictures the better...

I would echo that idea: the best possible photos & a complete detailed in hand description will garner the most interest for such an asking price

when someone is seeking top dollar, or more, any seller would need to step up & pull out all the stops on photos & description IMO

Unfortunately the pics show nothing to me...too small and even in photobucket not possible to zoom in.But the amazing top already blows me away !

To me, it is hard to see much even in the larger pictures that suggests it has more than a normal thickness veneer. Does it have a neck heel piece added?

wulfman said:
To me, it is hard to see much even in the larger pictures that suggests it has more than a normal thickness veneer. Does it have a neck heel piece added?

IMO the pickup route pics are inconclusive

last photo of the 13th post shows an added piece for the neck heel

I have to agree with Cliff and change my original opinion, the centre seam looks like its mismatched and if so its a very nice flg 90..however i also think i see a glimpse of flame in one shot of the cavity... so inconclusive, but need sharper pics of the center seam to be 100%

sorry Jeff...

Latest posts

Back