• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold. 1980 Tokai TE-150 (TE-80 with b-bender)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
Was going to sell this in september but changed my mind,
but I really want an es-175 now so something has to go :(.

This is basically a te-80 but with an added b-bender.
It must be one of the first because this one has the patent number but no serial on the back plate. I've seen only one other tokai with this same back plate, the others i've seen (only a couple) had a logo.

The guitar is in great condition, sounds great, all original and i would keep it if the neck was smaller(big v neck) and I didnt really want an es-175.

One piece body, nitro has nicely sunk into the grain.
I would have thought it would be heavy with the bender, but it's a light tele.
Currently has a regular 3 brass saddle bridge installed (no pics yet, ask me and i'll make them) which fits perfect with no added holes. I just prefer the look of a vintage tele bridge.
Can be converted back to the brass bridge you see in the pics without a problem.
Case is in good shape.
Shipping from belgium.

15986532285_28d1c6b7a7_b.jpg

15365884443_a2699c490d_b.jpg

15799496459_e199145960_b.jpg

More pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124367246@N02/albums/72157673534970335

That is one hot guitar. I've been obsessed with b benders since I saw Marty Stuart play his in concert a few weeks ago. Alas, I'm in the US and I'm sure shipping puts it out of reach.

out of interest, what 3 saddle bridge did you use?
i have a 79 te85 and want to replace the brass bridge but when i did it on a similar model a few years ago i remember the holes did not line up (imperialvs metric positions i think)

Mono, it's a wilkinson by sung il.. compensated brass saddles.
Fits great!

Thx curry! You want me to find out how much shipping is?

Latest posts

Back