Help me identify my Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugsy85

Reaction score
So I picked up this Tokai Loverock for a bargain and everything about it is screaming MIJ but I wonder if it's "too obvious" and a really well made Chinese copy? It plays really well either way.

SN is 0104318 and is "carved" in the headstock rather than ink or printed which leads me to think its a 2001 model MIJ?

Pickups: have stickers on the back "LP-AF" and have Japan on the back of the pickup
Volume and tone pots have "made in Japan" printed on them and have green capacitors.

No markings in the pickup cavity other than a "K" at the neck slot/join to the body and the router holes are square. 2-piece flamed top (not sure if it's maple?)

Headstock and neck: Seems to be a one piece neck and the truss rod cover has 2 screws on it.

Any idea would be great, as I said, everything is pointing to MIJ but just want to get some Tokai knowledge from you all.

Cheers!

Rugsy85 said:
Any idea would be great, as I said, everything is pointing to MIJ but just want to get some Tokai knowledge from you all.

Cheers!

Not going to gain much knowledge by not replying. :wink: So, photos, bridge posts?

Apologies, haven't logged in in a while. I'll upload some pics but yes, the bridge posts are directly inserted into the body.

6oLK9YAvk.jpg

6oMlfOy0D.jpg

6oNH99uJV.jpg

6oO3ssoDj.jpg

6oOyRkA6m.jpg

DGwqKIyZ.jpg

6oRVc8YNK.jpg

Hope these help. I've been playing it a month now and then only thing that i think needs changing out are the pickups but apart from that, plays like a dream!!

The pictures aren't great, and I had to copy and paste the URLs since they won't load for me on the forum itself, but it's beyond doubt - MIJ.

Latest posts

Back