Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me identify my Tokai!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugsy85
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Help me identify my Tokai! Reply with quote

So I picked up this Tokai Loverock for a bargain and everything about it is screaming MIJ but I wonder if it's "too obvious" and a really well made Chinese copy? It plays really well either way.

SN is 0104318 and is "carved" in the headstock rather than ink or printed which leads me to think its a 2001 model MIJ?

Pickups: have stickers on the back "LP-AF" and have Japan on the back of the pickup
Volume and tone pots have "made in Japan" printed on them and have green capacitors.

No markings in the pickup cavity other than a "K" at the neck slot/join to the body and the router holes are square. 2-piece flamed top (not sure if it's maple?)

Headstock and neck: Seems to be a one piece neck and the truss rod cover has 2 screws on it.

Any idea would be great, as I said, everything is pointing to MIJ but just want to get some Tokai knowledge from you all.

Cheers!
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your description Sounds like MIJ.

Bridge post directly inserted into the body?

Any photos?
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify my Tokai! Reply with quote

Rugsy85 wrote:

Any idea would be great, as I said, everything is pointing to MIJ but just want to get some Tokai knowledge from you all.

Cheers!

Not going to gain much knowledge by not replying. So, photos, bridge posts?
Rugsy85
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, haven't logged in in a while. I'll upload some pics but yes, the bridge posts are directly inserted into the body.

Hope these help. I've been playing it a month now and then only thing that i think needs changing out are the pickups but apart from that, plays like a dream!!
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures aren't great, and I had to copy and paste the URLs since they won't load for me on the forum itself, but it's beyond doubt - MIJ.
Rugsy85
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedbk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: