Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help identify this mystery =)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motorik
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Please help identify this mystery =) Reply with quote

Hi.
I just got my hands on this LP-model that I suspect is some kind of Tokai.

I got it from my boss, and he has had it in his attic since the late 80s. He swapped it from a hippie friend and knows very little about the guitar.

The guitar was unplayable when I got it, with minor rust on the strings, and the bridge-pickup loose in the cavity, with only one screw. I restored it, and now it sounds really nice =) The bridge pickup has been replaced with a Lawrence HB-58. I know nothing about this pickup, and I can't find any info on this particular humbucker.

I believe this is a Tokai, because of 3 reasons. The case it was in, was a Tokai-case, the tuners say "Gibson deluxe" on the outside, but Tokai on the inside (no pic, could get if needed), and the serial number makes sense in the Tokai Registry.
The serial number, though a bit worn off, seems to be 3013652, which would make it a 83', and this fits perfectly with my boss' info.

It has no logo on the headstock whatsoever, not counting the serial number on the back.

Shout out if you want more pics =)

Erik

villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1983 tokai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: