• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 Tokai ES-100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephM

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Mickey Mouse ears, the pronounced bulges on the upper cutaways, an accurate looking cherry red color and the open book type headstock. The one-piece neck profile is a chunky "U" shape. The rosewood is incredibly dark and rich that is almost appears to be ebony. The frets are new (B. Mascarin) with no wear. There are the associated small dings, scratches, bumps and yellowed binding that are to be expected on a guitar of this age. The cherry stain on the back of the neck has faded to a brown color. There is no pickguard included with this guitar. The guitar plays well with a low action, the pots are smooth in operation. The original Maxxons sound great. It's full and throaty sounding. It has great resonance. The guitar weighs a little over 8.0 lbs and will come with a black hard shell case. It works fine but isn't real pretty and has some peeling tolex. $1800USD plus shipping. I have some other pictures I can send, just ask.

here are better pictures than I can take (from the original listing)

https://reverb.com/ca/item/2532819-tokai-vintage-es-100-es-335-lawsuit-model-mij-japan-1981-cherry-red

Latest posts

Back