Is this legit

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with 90's Tokais. Ive only ever played the 80's. This is supposed to be a 99. Serial seems quite odd and serial # doesnt even look straight, maybe its me. Any help on this would be appreciated.
What would these normally fetch

Phantom

I saw that one in the locals as well. Hard to say for sure but the pups look to have been swapped out, tuners etc. If you are really interested get him to take a few pictures of the neck cavity. All MIJ Tokai LP's have the same square tabs in the routing, the easiest way to tell for sure.

2affvt.jpg

Haha, nice strike !! Did you ask how much it weighs ?? Not every LP comes in under 9 pounds.

Tokai's come up for sale so few and far between around these parts so its hard to know what they really fetch. My first Tokai was $400 (2000 D/C JR). Pretty good deal. I thought i was crazy for spending $1300 for my 2005 LS-150F. Now i know it is worth several times that at least to me. Does he know the model # ??

He doesnt know much about the guitar
Inside it says LS 60 but not sure

this one is an astounding 8 lbs oz
pups are not original but I knew that
neither are the tuning heads
and the knobs
hardware says gotoh japan
and pots say made in japan

end of the day
for $450 :)

believe me, these never come around anymore
but the phantoms no hesitation strike tatics, paid off BT

Ive got some 80's tokai paf Im putting in
and some correct knobs
have the pickguard but somehow this one looks better with out

came with a brand new Gibson case
taxes in at my local store that case is $303.89

You could make a cat in a woodchipper sound good, it ain't all the pups. Enjoy your new guitar bud.

Back