• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! Tokai '79 Reborn LS-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakeyhips

Reaction score
The time has come to move this beauty on...bought from this forum's Mono a few years ago, it really pains me to put this on the market, but I've too many guitars (apparently...).

It comes fitted with Sonic Monkey PAFs which are really superb hand-wound humbuckers http://www.josephkayeguitars.com/blank-c1lda

Some buckle rash, but generally it very good condition - especially given it's vintage (38 years old!).

The quality and tone is incredible, and yes it's a cliche, but it plays every bit as well as current era Historics.

Comes with original Tokai Lifton case - as shown.

Price £1450

I work in London and live in Surrey btw.

PM me if interested.

Having only recently made an overseas sale through the forum, I'm really not keen to do this again given the time and effort needed (despite it being with the most excellent Timo!) - but may review this option at a later date.

P1000410.jpg

P1000416.jpg

P1000413.jpg

P1000418.jpg

P1000425.jpg

P1000498.jpg

P1000500.jpg

I know this guitar from pictures in different forums for years now and it's still one of the most beautiful Les Pauls I have seen so far.Fortunately I have not the money to buy it.My wife would kill me for sure...
I recently bought a Greco from this seller and all I can tell is that he is not completely honest - because the guitar he sold me is even better than described :wink:
I can say that it was an absolute pleasure to deal with John.He is a very nice guy and took good care of packaging and best shipping rate.As said before the Greco was even better than expected and is my best sounding favourite of me 3 EGFs.Guess with this Tokai you can't go wrong !

guitar hiro said:
someone may be interested to know what she weighs; is she a fatty?
Not a fatty - well proprtioned for a Lester at 4.3kg.

Thanks for your very kind words Timo - it was a great pleasure dealing with you too!

Ha...tricky isn't it...I'm still feeling the pain of passing my EGF onto Timo...

The Sonic Monkey PAFs are a great partner for this LS80 btw Mono - the neck tones are particularly fine.

Stunning, shame I dont have enough cash in my GAS fund, and that your not looking at trades.

Im within travelling distance too....

GLWTS

I used to own this guitar. Its very nice and saw many gigs in the time that I had it. It's kind of weird to see it on here for sale - like seeing an old girlfriend you were in love with once. :oops:

I've just well and truly scratched the new guitar itch and bought this fine old girl from mr snakeyhips. Thank you to John who entertained me and the teenager for far longer than was necessary for a guitar sale. And thanks to those of you who have looked after her all these years. I promise to look after her too and I'll let the teenager (who plays guitar way better than me) take her our for a proper good time occasionally. Photos to follow when we've stopped playing.

Ah yes, a good time was had by all!

Always sad to see a guitar leave the house, but as ever, as all guitar lovers are such great folks, it softens the blow!

John

It really is a great guitar - you won't regret buying it. I had a '59 Junior at the same time and the neck on the Tokai was identical to that, the fingerboard is beautiful too - I really miss this one.

Latest posts

Back