MIK, MIC or Fake Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCasablanca

Reaction score
Hi all! I want to buy a Tokai for the first time ans I found one online that looks great and has some upgrades (like pots and pickups), seller (2nd owner) says that it's MIK but it doesn't have serial number or the "made in Korea". What bothers the most it's the logo on headstock, it doesn't look like a MIK or even a MIC.
So, what do you think about it? Does it worth the risk?

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wv4WB

It looks like an older MIK to me. They didn't have serial numbers at first and judging from the corrosion on the machine heads this guitar has been on this earth for a while. Not sure where in the world you are but it's unusual to see MIKs with the open book headstock in the English speaking markets.

The truss rod cover is obviously not original and looks a bit pathetic. It should be a 3 screw version.

Paladin2019 said:
It looks like an older MIK to me. They didn't have serial numbers at first and judging from the corrosion on the machine heads this guitar has been on this earth for a while. Not sure where in the world you are but it's unusual to see MIKs with the open book headstock in the English speaking markets.

The truss rod cover is obviously not original and looks a bit pathetic. It should be a 3 screw version.

Thanks Paladin! Well, that's the thing.. I'm from Chile so I need to be 100% sure that it's a real MIK (as seller describes). I knew that MIK didn't have serial numbers, and I've seen a lot of Love Rock headstocks but this is the first time that I see one with that "a" shape in the logo.

Latest posts

Back