Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with identification of Love Rock (high model?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACHIEVEIT
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Help with identification of Love Rock (high model?) Reply with quote

Hello guys,
long time since my last visit.

A friend of mine is interested in buying a Tokai, which is supposedly a high-end model. It is made in 2014 and I am torn for the following reasons:

- It has long tenon with the small lip (although not as long as tokais of the past that i've seen with long tenon) - is this what Tokai calls Deep Joint?
- According to the seller it comes with CTS pots and Sprague Orange Drop caps - provided they came stock, this would indicate a high-end model (higher than ls180 any way)
- Then the puzzling thing is that the seller says it has a two piece back.

My initial thought was that it would be a (now-discontinued) LS200F (because of the flame maple top) but the two-piece back is not normal.

The only high-end model that has a two-piece back would be an LS320 but I guess the seller would know...

Here is the link to the photos:
https://postimg.org/gallery/2d9jppkrc/

What do we have here?

Thanks in advance
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with identification of Love Rock (high model?) Reply with quote

ACHIEVEIT wrote:

The only high-end model that has a two-piece back would be an LS320 but I guess the seller would know...

I hope the LS320 doesn't have a two-piece back because I would then have to burn my LS-320 like a witch, of course after it floated instead of drowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TOczdsnw0

ACHIEVEIT
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Help with identification of Love Rock (high model?) Reply with quote

guitar hiro wrote:
ACHIEVEIT wrote:

I hope the LS320 doesn't have a two-piece back because I would then have to burn my LS-320 like a witch, of course after it floated instead of drowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TOczdsnw0

Sorry, meant recent production LS360. At least according to the Tokai website:

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/premium/ls360.html

Thought it was strange too but then attributed it to the scarcity of honduran mahogany.

Anyway, any ideas?
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get any pictures to prove it is indeed a solid flame maple top ??
ACHIEVEIT
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokentoes wrote:
Can you get any pictures to prove it is indeed a solid flame maple top ??

Unfortunately I don't think so - he will not provide any more pictures, especially ones requiring any work (removing the neck pu, etc.)
ACHIEVEIT
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

One thought occurred to me - i had read about special orders from specific stores with mixed-up specs? Could that be the case here? Cause otherwise, how can this guitar have a long tenon, quality electronics and a 2-piece back?

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed what tokai calls "deep joint"? (there is a clear pic of it in the album)

BTW it comes with the nice brown/pink hard case if that makes any difference

Cheers
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well anyone who won't take out a few screws and lift a pickup, take a few good pictures, has probably got something to hide. It could be a special order but there's a hell of a lot more chance it's not. Are you feeling that lucky ?? Don't let your mind start believing things because it wants to. Thats not a Tokai case either, just so you know. I see no pictures of the electronics myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: