2003 loverock no "m I j " stamp , legit or fake ?!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
I've been the proud owner of a few Tokai guitars over the years , and always after another !

I've seen an interesting one for sale locally. It's a cherry sunburst flame top. Has the open book headstock , bell shaped 2 screw truss rod cover , and the serial number looks like an 030 2003 one . The patina and wear on the guitar match the age , and the pots seem decent quality.

It seems just like an mij guitar , apart from the fact there is no "made in Japan " on bottom of the headstock , it's blank .

Did Tokai make any like this ? Is it legit ??!! The seller isn't a guitar player so doesn't know any info .

Pics would help as it sounds like some parts may have been modified. Bell TRC would be non-original and possibly pots depending on the model.

It does sound like a genuine MIJ, the biggest clue being the 2 screw TRC. There was no made in Japan stamp around that time, only a sticker which tended to get removed.

Paladin2019 said:
Pics would help as it sounds like some parts may have been modified. Bell TRC would be non-original and possibly pots depending on the model.

It does sound like a genuine MIJ, the biggest clue being the 2 screw TRC. There was no made in Japan stamp around that time, only a sticker which tended to get removed.

Thanks for the info ! I'll go in and have another look today .

Latest posts

Back