Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CE185T ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyetripper
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: CE185T ?? Reply with quote

Hi. New to the forum and was wondering if anyone can give me any info regarding value of a lovely s/h Cats Eyes for sale local to me. I THINK that its a CE185T, although it could be an earlier 1980's model.

I didn't get the serial number but it's similar in dimensions to a Martin 000. Lovely thing to play and unmarked condition. It's really won me over, largely for how it sounds, but no idea on the value on these and whether my local (UK) guitar shop is asking over the odds at just shy of 1k. It's just been fitted with an AER mic / piezo system although I haven't tried it amplified yet.

Any thoughts gratefully welcomed!

Alan
Diamond
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's in unmarked condition how can it be 36 years old?

Are you sure it's not a current CE185T?

Here's the current CE185T pricing.
If you have a CE185T it is one hell of a guitar, excellent specs.

skyetripper
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. By my reckoning that's about 1400 at today's exchange rates so looks like he's asking about the right money assuming it's fairly recent model. Not that it matters as I should really judge it by how it played and sounded - which was great on both counts.

I wasn't trying to suggest it was a 1980's model, just pointing out that they have produced a lot of models that look the same but with different model numbers.

Thanks again and I'll let you know if I take the plunge!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: