Just got in some new AST88 Gold Star models

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
I requested some custom specs, like satin finish one piece fat and chunky 9.5" neck radius medium frets maple necks, MK2 pickups and custom colours.

I must tell you, these could very well be the best sounding/playing Strats I've ever played, totally incredible!

I wanted a David Gilmour model, most importantly the 11 screw one play black scratchplates...however the custom scratchplates weren't completed in time so they were delivered with 3 ply scratchplates, they've now sent me the 11 screw one play which I now need to fit...then the Gilmour is complete. :)

I also ordered Heritage Dark Cherryburst with black scratchplates and Seafoam Green...still have to take a pic of the Seafoam Green.

LANCE%20STRATS1242_zpskofeghwb.jpg

HDC%201_zpsezwnjbkh.jpg

Tokai is still making great instruments. I have a 2012 model with the biggest neck i've ever felt on a strat. Its killer and not even a top model.

2utkwwg.jpg

Great! I do love these.
Strats are not my favourite guitars but I would get one like these no doubt

Fat necks have that percusive kind of sound ala SRV.

luis said:
Great! I do love these.
Strats are not my favourite guitars but I would get one like these no doubt

Fat necks have that percusive kind of sound ala SRV.

Yeah, very FAT "U" shaped one piece maple necks. :)
I ordered them with a satin finish, beautiful necks!

These are the new Black models I just received with the 11 screw one ply black scratchplates, Gilmour copies.

Edit%202_zpswixubkwu.jpg

17883806_1485093858187814_6404348294782465025_n_zpshsm4t2tq.jpg

Take a guess what colour sold out instantly?
A colour that's not actually part of the Tokai catalog, standard colours...I had to order it as a "custom" colour.

Seafoam Green. :)

Back