Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A cautionary tale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: A cautionary tale Reply with quote

I've taken a few months to post this due to the 'trauma'! The facts:

In September 2012 I ordered a Tokai Mary Kaye strat and 3 tweed cases from Bob Murdoch at Tokai UK. After regularly chasing for a delivery date I eventually received the guitar in one case in August 2013.

On 16th June 2016 I received the two outstanding cases at my workplace. Only 3 years and 8.5 months later! This was after phoning, emailing, turning up at a guitar fair face to face and eventually threatening a 'section 75' case via my credit card company (you have a 6 year window to reclaim a full refund - worth considering paying for at least £100 of any expensive item on credit card for this protection).

I know I am just one customer but all I will say is ‘Caveat Emptor’! (let the buyer beware)
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed, thanks for the heads up iain, and sorry to hear you had such trouble. I agree with you about using a credit card for (at least) the first £100 of any large purchase, too- as you said, you're much better covered if you do.
Max The Dog
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just looked up the web site and it can't be found, I wonder what's going on?
iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could find was a contact lense site tokai UK!
jonah65
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the same problem waiting for the case when he got my LS100, loads of texts and phone calls finally got one, it's not a tokai case though.
carl300367
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local guitar shop have started to stock Tokai both Japanese and China made ones .

The guy who runs the place really rates the guitars but says it's a nightmare dealing with them. He was invoiced 4 times before they got that right and he'd had the stock 2 months previous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: