LS/LC jack plates

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paladin2019

Reaction score
Forum seems a bit quiet these days, so I thought I'd follow up on a topic that was touched on in a recent thread.

Anyone else replaced the plastic jack plates on their Love Rock model with a metallic version?

It's not something that gets talked about much generally, but as soon as you google 'les paul metal jack plate' the Gibson forums are awash with discussion, possibly because the big G have fitted both metal and plastic at the factory over the years and a number of big name players have also made the mod.

Tokai have of course stuck with 'vintage correct' plastic, but has anyone ever had an issue with breakages? Especially those who gig/tour their Love Rock regularly?

I used to have a chrome plate but went back to stock plastic when I managed to scratch it up badly. This lasted about a week since I cracked the corners when I tightened the screws down. I now use a nickel plate from Allparts, which I think looks great and I know will never crack or break!

IMG_20161111_201005.jpg

I have a metal jackplate in my parts bin, it came with a Love Rock I got some years ago. I won 't use it so let me know if interested in.... I have never had any issue with plastic ones...

I just had to change the stock plastic one on my LC model. I went with the gold metal one and it should last quite a while.

Back