Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wich is the right model ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roulette_65
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Wich is the right model ?? Reply with quote

Before all, i'm french and i apologize if my english is not always correct.

I recently bought a Tokai. charged as a LS 125S (serial number 1635868 color IB).

I saw a catalog with LS 125S but it cannot be my guitar because there's no color IB on this serie.

IB is only available on LS 105Q - LS 107Q - LS 122Q - LS 135Q.
And here is my second problem !! Which is mine 105, 107, 122, 135 ?

Thanks for your answers guys.
PS : It's a real beauty this color !!

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=687337IMAG3990.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=998903IMAG3971.jpg
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum !! Your English is very good, i wish my French was comparable.

Tokai's model numbers change with the value of the yen so for instance a 2005 LS90Q would in 2016 be a higher model number like LS135Q. Same specs, same guitar. Tokai doesn't come out with a catalog every year so there is some guesswork to the model numbers. If yours came with a warranty card with the model number LS125s on it then that is what it is. I I quite like the indigo blue. Its a very confusing system to be sure, but they make savage guitars so that makes up for it.

Enjoy !!!
Roulette_65
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokentoes wrote:
Welcome to the forum !! Your English is very good, i wish my French was comparable.

Tokai's model numbers change with the value of the yen so for instance a 2005 LS90Q would in 2016 be a higher model number like LS135Q. Same specs, same guitar. Tokai doesn't come out with a catalog every year so there is some guesswork to the model numbers. If yours came with a warranty card with the model number LS125s on it then that is what it is. I I quite like the indigo blue. Its a very confusing system to be sure, but they make savage guitars so that makes up for it.

Enjoy !!!

Thanks for your answer. Very interresting to explain evolution throught years. But i still got a doubt here's the reason. I found the 2015-2016 catalog with 125S - 128F - 135Q and photos of course. After a good looking I think the letter is for the table. S for simple, F for Flamed and Q for Quilted.
And finally i went on http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/index.html

I found all the series and mine is a Q one for sure.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, from your pictures yours is a quilted top for sure. I can't say how much i love the Indigo blue. Go Tokai !!!
Roulette_65
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i send mail at 2 differents web site tokai here are the answers :

1st Answer:

Dear Mr.Stephane,
Thanks for your inquiry to Tokai Gakki.
It is Quilted top and IB color with S/N 1635868,
The model should be LS135Q IB. It is made in 2016.
http://www.theguitarshop.jp/catalogue/catalogue-html/vintage2.html

We change the model name when issuing new brochure, sometimes with minor change in spec.
I hope the info help you.

Best regards.
Tokai Gakki

2nd Answer :

Dear Mr.S.Chalan,

Thanks for your inquiry to Tokai Gakki.
I answered below.

>I think it's more probably a LS 135Q. Could you please tell me if i'm right ?
The features and serial No. seems LS135Q IB.
http://www.theguitarshop.jp/catalogue/catalogue-html/vintage2.html
But some model for France have USA Electronics.
If you open the back cover, then you find Orange Drop Condenser, the model has better electronics CTS Pots/Orange Drop/Switch Craft Toggle SW than Catalogue Model LS135Q .

> Is it normal that i don't have any certicate of authenticity with the guitar ?
We are afraid that we donít issue the certificate as long as the distributer does not request. (because It is also written in Japanese).

Best regards.
Tokai gakki

I was right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: