Tokai-Logo on Love Rock without "I-dot" (Inlay?)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokopelli

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought a Tokai Les Paul:

The guitar isn´t here yet so I can´t take a better picture.

I´m pretty sure it is original (with some stuff changed), but what is kind of strange to me is that it is missing the dot of the "I" in the logo! Is it possible that this just "rubbed" off or is the logo an inlay? Or is it even possible that there were some Tokai Love Rocks with a logo that was missing the dot on purpose? Please enlighten me :)

guitar hiro said:
should be no issue looks legit to me, I have seen more than one LS-320 with the vertical/right side of the a dotted :lol:

I´m pretty sure that this guitar is legit, too, but how could that have happened ? Is it the factorys fault or could it have come off somehow?

Do you have a picture of the dotted "a" ? Should look quite funny I guess :)

4th post, 2nd pic = vertical/right side dotted a

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8179&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

my LS-320 has the identical dotted a

guitar hiro said:
4th post, 2nd pic = vertical/right side dotted a

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8179&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

my LS-320 has the identical dotted a

This looks really funny indeed :p

Thanks for the link!

seems a bit disappointing to know that on the most expensive (LS-320) MSRP Tokai at the time the company placed the I dot above the wrong letter and on multiple guitars

not really a huge deal but it is an indication of the Tokai QC or lack thereof

would not surprise me whatsoever if the dot over the I on your Tokai actually never made it on to the head stock at the factory

How much is multiple?
I have owned 4 LS320s and they all had the usual Tokai logo no issues.
Tokai changed very slightly the Tokai logo during the years and as far as very early ones were hand made they could have the Tokai logo slightly different.

luis said:
How much is multiple?
I have owned 4 LS320s and they all had the usual Tokai logo no issues.
Tokai changed very slightly the Tokai logo during the years and as far as very early ones were hand made they could have the Tokai logo slightly different.

Do you know up to which point/year the Tokai Love Rocks were handmade?

I would hope the most expensive Tokai order model LS (320) that was produced utilizing one designation the longest duration of time (1996 - 2003) of any Tokai model in history would be hand made, particularly so since it was made with some of the most expensive timbers utilized by Tokai, Honduran maho, 4A flame eastern hard maple, and Jacaranda

if not then there was never any good reason to have a Tokai hand made

having said that I would also state that there are other MIJ brands that IMO have a better build quality overall but the LS-320 is still a pretty special model

at least the LS-320 has a long neck tenon which the early/vintage Tokai LS models did not have, nor the Jacaranda 'board

grab one if you can find one :p hand made or not

Latest posts

Back