Phantom Wonders What Could Be Under That Finish?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Marcus had a feeling you'd be the first/ All is good. Any new purchases? Anything for sale?

Phantom said:
Hey Marcus had a feeling you'd be the first/ All is good. Any new purchases? Anything for sale?

8)

Yes on both counts - bought a couple of Greco Mint Collection EG59's, a couple of Springy ST70's - maple and rosewood fretboard twins.

Just sold a Gibson 61 SG reissue and a Gibson Classic SG (P90's). Have several more going soon - Bacchus Classic Series flametop Les Paul (stunning top but the neck profile is too large for me), Edwards Tele-Gib, Van Zandt strat, and a few more that I can't recall right now.

How bout you?

Another replica on the way. Waited almost 4 years for it. Yikes.
Luthier made Tele with Brazilian
Tokai Tele ST85
Few acoustics as well

Whats under the finish ?? Since they won't tell you the model or even a year, id say there's probably 4 words. You've been ripped off.

brokentoes said:
Whats under the finish ?? Since they won't tell you the model or even a year, id say there's probably 4 words. You've been ripped off.

Hey BT I can hear your song playing in the backround.
No worries, the Phantom did not strike on that one!

Phantom said:
What a beaut Killer top.
Whats the weight Marcus?
Are you selling?

Weight's about 9 lbs. Solid flame top, not veneer. Upgraded with locking Faber ABR bridge with brass saddles, and Faber locking alum tailpiece and studs.

Great guitar and absolutely gorgeous but the fat 58 neck profile is a bit too much for me.

Bacchus only made the Classic Series guitars for two years, 2011 and 2012. Here's a little info on the brand and this series' Les Paul in particular:

https://greasyfrets.wordpress.com/2014/09/05/2011-bacchus-classic-series-blp-std-fm/

I am selling it - just haven't launched it publicly yet.

Phantom said:
Marcus did you sell this?

I did - to fund a purchase. I'm on the hunt for a double cut Les Paul Junior. Guitar show this weekend in Arlington - might pick up a real one, vintage if I can afford it. Prices have skyrocketed on them.

How've you been? Bought anything new! So nice of you to surface near Halloween. Seems quite appropriate!

haha and that wasn't even intentional., but halloween is fitting right!

um latest
Tele Custom
Brazilian
great sounding guitar

Go for the real one Marcus if you can
oops forgot
I did make another purchase
1965 Gibson B-25 6 string acoustic
I cant believe the sound and bottom end in this guitar
I definitely favor guitars that have been played

Phantom said:
Go for the real one Marcus if you can
oops forgot
I did make another purchase
1965 Gibson B-25 6 string acoustic
I cant believe the sound and bottom end in this guitar
I definitely favor guitars that have been played

Nice catch!
I was pretty surprised to find that the prices on vintage LP Jr's (double cut) have bloomed to over $5K for player quality cherry finish and around $8K for TV models. I've not looked in awhile and it doesn't seem that long ago you could pick one up for around $2.5K. Still on the hunt.......

Latest posts

Back