All in the Family Springy Sound ST-50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hja99

Reaction score
Hello, my name is James Alles and I just acquired a Springy Sound ST-50. I lived in Japan for about four years and met and married my wife there. We moved back to the States about 15 years ago. I have two brother-in-laws, and one played guitar when he was about 11 or 12. We travel back to Japan every other year on average.

I just returned from a trip to Japan and brought back the Tokai Springy Sound that my brother-in-law got new, 35 years ago. He told me that he only played it for about a month or two when he first got it and it has been in my in-law's basement in Toyama, Japan ever since.

He was the original owner and nothing has been modified or replaced. My plan is to disassemble the guitar, color sand and polish the finish, polish all the trim, clean up the electronic, then re-assemble and have the instrument set up.

I am sending a link to photobucket of some pictures I took before I disassembled, and after disassembly for anyone who is interested.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/hja99/library/Springy%20Sound?sort=3&page=1

From the information I found on this site, I have determined that the guitar is a 1981 ST-50. It has a three piece body but I don't know what the wood is.

I can share photos of the guitar after it has been cleaned up and re-assembled, if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Back