Help me identify/authenticate a goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kez123

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just discovered the old tokai guitars and I was hoping somebody might be able to help me ID this one (or more specifically help determine if it is authentic)

I hope it is ok to post this link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Tokai-TST60-Goldstar-sound-Made-in-Japan-Model-/172298266899?hash=item281dc6e913:g:9SMAAOSwuR5XPl2J

From what I can gather the pickups are original, but the 4 digit serial number indicates it may not be an st-60? I have read that this may not be a clear indicator though?

My biggest concern is that the description states its an 82 but the headstock suggests 84, and the sticker stands out as maybe looking like a replacement as it looks very new?

Anyway, all help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Kerrin

Very nice. It's looks to be an ST-60 (E Pickups and 60 sticker). It's not an '82., otherwise it would be a springy. '83 was the transition point from Springy to Goldstar, but the 83's had block logos (except in Australia). Most likely 84-85, since that's before they dispensed with the brass control plate.

marcusnieman said:
The seller is a forum member. His gear is usually quite legit. Nice Goldie.

Usually? You hope it'd always be legit tbh 8)

Back