80s Goldstar Sound Help w body ID

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwingftr

Reaction score
I'm debating letting this one go and wanted to see if I could get some guidance from you folks on the body of my GS. The neck, serial, deluxe tuners, final prospec stamps and hardware sure look to be Tokai.
The pots say MIJ A250K, pickups have been replaced with DiMarzio noiseless DPs, has single ply pg w 8 screws.....the body has 8 holes, no extras or nothing filled in.
My luthier thought it might be mahogany but, to me, she's too light. Would Sen Ash or Castor Arabia look like this....I've read Alder was used as well. I would think a flamed neck like that would come from an ST-70 or above? He doesn't think its the original body and I can't find that kind of dark tobacco burst in other ones on-line. The routing on the body is superb.....I didn't feel comfortable peeling the tape to look for a stamp and my tech forgot to peak in there for me. I appreciate your help.
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/turbozayas/library/Tokai%20Goldstar%20Sound?sort=3&page=1

Latest posts

Back