Windows 10

Discussion that is not Tokai or guitar focused.

Moderator: ned

ibicus
Guitar God

Post by ibicus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:52 am

marcusnieman wrote:
The 10 format is a pain in the ass to use - to find documents, photos, etc. Hate it but probably haven't messed with it enough.
Well I first had to change some things windows comes with.I use chrome as browser and changed the standard programs windows wants me to work with.Deleted lots of apps as well.There are several tutorials how to personalize windows to avoid they spy on you and torture you with their standards you don't want to use.After all it's almost like 7 but faster and without any bugs.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:57 am

ibicus wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
The 10 format is a pain in the ass to use - to find documents, photos, etc. Hate it but probably haven't messed with it enough.
Well I first had to change some things windows comes with.I use chrome as browser and changed the standard programs windows wants me to work with.Deleted lots of apps as well.There are several tutorials how to personalize windows to avoid they spy on you and torture you with their standards you don't want to use.After all it's almost like 7 but faster and without any bugs.

I'll just need to embrace it, see what it can do, tailor it to my needs - rather being non conformist about it.