Tokai Love Rock identification help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loverock86

Reaction score
Hi all from a forum newbie.
I have what I believe to be a Korean Love Rock, based on the three screw truss rod cover, the the flat head screws used for the bridge height adjustment. I am not sure of the year or the model. the inside of the pickup cavities are sprayed black, but they do have square holes in each side of them. the serial number is 9061112. it isn't embossed in to the headstock, it's just painted on in a small font right at the top of the headstock. apart from Tokai Love Rock Model on the front of the headstock, there are no other markings on the guitar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards
Paul

Please could you explain the difference between the Japanese Chinese and Korean models.

i had a korean model it was inked on the back of the headstock "made in korea" no serial number and the pick up cavities were not sprayed black

chinese have a sreial number and a sticker that says made in china which always goes missing

Apart from the serial number, there are no other markings. or any evidence that markings have been removed.

I'm still struggling to Identify this guitar.
maybe a few photos will help.

index.php

index.php

index.php

We can't see the images. You have to be a member of that forum to do so and I'm not signing up for something when I don't need to.

How exactly do I post images then?
I'm still not sure what model this is or where it was made. I've just found a Chinese Tokai for sale on ebay. seen here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Les-Paul-with-upgrades-/252351164071?hash=item3ac14d2ea7:g:NSMAAOSwbwlXCrHP
although this guitar looks similar to mine, there is no CH before the serial number, and mine doesn't say made in China below the tuners.

Back