Is this a real Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garren

Reaction score
So, I'm looking to buy a Tokai Love Rock. I'm not trying to find a MIJ or anything like that. Just something that sounds and plays well enough and looks the part of a Les Paul. I found a vendor on Reverb that is selling a large bunch of MIC Love Rocks for $395 + $65 shipping, but I noticed something peculiar about the guitar's headstock. Not just the particular one I'm looking at, but all of their Love Rocks have this:

s8qvqeofaevauag1cqae.jpg

The logo on the headstock seems to be a little too large, compared to the other Tokai's I've seen. I wanted to know if this means these guitars aren't real or if they're a particular group of Love Rocks or something... it's a really nice-looking guitar and I'm really hoping I can trust these guys. Their reputation on Reverb is basically 5 stars (based on 20 ratings), so apparently they can be trusted, but just to be sure.

https://reverb.com/item/652080-toka...ame-top-standard-humbuckers-setneck-ref-00045 (link to the particular guitar I'm looking at)

Do you guys think I can trust this?

Where are you located Garren ??

If you just want something that looks the part there are probably better options out there for cheaper and not fake.

brokentoes said:

If you just want something that looks the part there are probably better options out there for cheaper and not fake.

I'm in the DFW area in Texas... I've never seen any good Les Paul looking guitars I can afford besides Epis, but I'm not convinced by them. I've seen single cut guitars by other companies but I'm really particular about the guitar having a close enough body shape to the real deal.

Garren said:
brokentoes said:

I'm in the DFW area in Texas... I've never seen any good Les Paul looking guitars I can afford besides Epis, but I'm not convinced by them. I've seen single cut guitars by other companies but I'm really particular about the guitar having a close enough body shape to the real deal.

I'm in DFW. What are you looking to spend?

All right, thanks for the information, guys. I was looking around for Les Pauls earlier and I found a nice Epi Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus for $400 which I'll probably be getting. I appreciate the help with the Tokais, but this is a great deal and word is that they're as close as Epis get to Gibsons, so I'm probably gonna take up the offer.

Epis ain't all that bad.

Just make sure the model you are buying has the right woods for a Les Paul, I know they sometimes use alder.

Latest posts

Back