Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan or Korean- Need a help with identify Greco Les Paul BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolsen
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Japan or Korean- Need a help with identify Greco Les Paul BB Reply with quote

Hi Everybody

I m not sure about this Greco guitar. I tried to check out provenance of it by myself comapring to many models but still I m not sure...

Could anyone give an opinion about it? Is it Tokai made or Cortex maybe- this is a question interesting me the most

(Informations I ve obteined from actuall owner: Guitar is made in late 80; probably in Tokai factory; pickups changed for Gibson PAF 57; new nut, potentiometers and bars; ebony fretboard. No serial number.

Thanks in advance for any replays

and photos

LPjunior
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean Cort made Greco, the tokai made ones have a thinner 'Greco' logo, Mint collection truss rod covers, less ageing on the headstock/binding,tulip style tuning pegs and didn't use the pretend ebony fret boards.

The best way to tell if you're unsure is to look in the neck pickup cavity, usually the Tokai's have EGC 75 in there and the pickup routes for Tokai are distinctive with the square routes for the pup legs, the cort made ones are poorly routed and covered in the thick black conductive paint.

I'll see if I can dig out a couple of photos to show you better.

Here's a Tokai made Greco headstock

Cort made Greco cavity
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korea
rolsen
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now i see

Thank You for replay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: