Is it really Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja_cat

Reaction score
Is it really Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68? Actually, the seller called it Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68 Black Beauty, but i guess it's not the official name.

I've checked the original pups - they are "screaming" ones. Currently some other pickus are installed in it (Merlin PAF), but i also got the originals.

Shouldn't there be "custom" on the truss rod cover?

Serial number is C832103 .
Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50390125@N02/sets/72157652637001984

Thanks!

I agree. Looks like an EGC 68-50

Has all the right stuff. Open "O" matches the model year. Truss rod cover is the correct shape. Inlay and script look correct.

"black beauty" just defines... a Black Les Paul Custom. Some people think BB's are only the 3 pickup models, but opinions differ.

But his describing it as a black beauty means... it's black with some nice shiny hardware and not much more. It's not an official Greco model.

EGC 68-50 has Rosewood FB and Screamin pickups so everything correlates.

Truss Rod covers are easily replaceable but these look authentic and I've seen plenty of Greco TRC's without any writing, including "Custom".
I have several Grecos and it certainly looks authentic.

Check out the PC98K I just posted pictures of. It's a 84 Mint Collection open O as well, so similar in a lot of ways

Nice guitar

Back