1980 LS-60 on Reverb

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whittlez

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for my first Tokai. I have a couple of Edwards and I feel comfortable seeking value and distinguishing what model #'s mean what, however I am still a newbie in trying to decipher Tokais.

I really like the 1980-1985 Tokais from what I have seen. It seems a good combo of quality and value and the dollar rising to 120 yen recently certainly helps.

How does this Tokai look?

Is this a good value and does it look like an appealing Tokai?

I am not sure about these cherry bursts. In PERSON are they nice or a bit garish and maybe I should look at a tea burst?

I like the way they look in photos.

thanks for the consideration

https://reverb.com/item/1428060-tokai-vintage-ls-60-love-rock-les-paul-1980-sunburst-dimarzio-s-mij-made-in-japan

I'm no expert by any means, but that's a fair price for a 1980 Ls60, solid top, 2 piece back by the look of it, should be a nice vintage guitar.

DaveB7 said:
I'm no expert by any means, but that's a fair price for a 1980 Ls60, solid top, 2 piece back by the look of it, should be a nice vintage guitar.

Thank you.

I'm essentially about quality ... And secondarily about aesthetics

So I like the real (vs veneer) top

The guy is a preferred seller and he's in the U.S. Which are pluses. I've purchased from Japan but I prefer local.

When people start talking about headstock angle, the pedigree of the mahogany , AAAAA tops, and stuff like that ... My eyes start to glaze over a bit .

Those aren't important to me

Latest posts

Back