• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gretsch Trade for Tokai , MIJ Les Paul or ESP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whittlez

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and just getting into the MIJ Les Pauls. I have traded 2 Gretches and a Guild hollow body for two Edwards and an ESP recently and I am very intrigued by Tokais. The recent incredible strength of the dollar vs the Yen has told me it's time to indulge my desire and I've wanted to lighten up on my Gretsch hollow bodies as I am mostly a Gretsch Duo Jet/Sparkle Jet guy. I'm providing the link to my Reverb ad and you can see my store has great reviews. I've posted at gretschpages.com as Whittles for some time and I've made several trades. This is a gorgeous guitar and I'll cut and paste the description and include the link. I'm open to a newer Love Rock or an older one as well as a Burny, Edwards, ESP, etc. thank you

Gretsch Country Club 6193 2006 Natural
https://reverb.com/item/1496018-gretsch-country-club-6193-2006-natural?device=ios-app

2006 Country Club with natural finish. This has a SPRUCE top, which Gretsch only offered in the solid color painted models but they sold a scant few of the naturals with the spruce top so this is a rare guitar. The grain is gorgeous. It is equipped with a real (not licensed) Bigsby which is an upgrade and I am including the original G tailpiece it came with (as pictured). It has a rosewood bridge intonated for unwound G equipped and I am including one intonated for wound G as well - and this guitar sounds incredible with flatwounds if you want a wrapped G jazz box. CC's are 17" like the White and Black Falcons. The guitar is in impeccable condition and I will provide any additional pictures you request. The original case is beaten up but works. This has an ebony fretboard and the highly desired Dynasonics pickups. Ask ANY Gretsch expert - this is an extremely desirable guitar. It has the dimensions of the Falcons but the unique natural finish. You are getting BOTH tailpieces - Bigsby and the G hardtail and two bridges. A new CC without the unique color/top combo, one bridge and one tailpiece retails for over $4k and sells at Sweetwater for $2999.00. Paul Pigat himself recommended this guitar to me. I love it but I am ultimately a Gretsch Jet Guy at heart. I have several Jets . I will consider a Jet or a MIJ Les Paul like Edwards or Tokai or a high level ESP in trade. My store has a great record and you will be satisfied with this unique Gretsch whether you want the punk sound of Rancid, the Rockabilly sound of Setzer, the rock sound of the Cult - it's a big hollow Gretsch that will get you there.

Latest posts

Back