Greco 1985 eg-59

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henter2014

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some help trying to identify the model and the pickups of my new recently purchased Greco eg-59, there are no stickets on the pickups and seems to have a veneer on the top

Thanks in advance!

From the little i know about Greco guitars that couldn't be from 1985 due to the closed "O" in Greco. 1985's had open "O"'s. It hyas a long tenon so it's not from the super real period either. It could be a 1990's or later with that serial number. I think i've seen that guitar or it's sister round these parts before.

Hi there, thanks for that!, It has been sold to me as a EG-59 1985, anyone know how can I verify this? Im starting to get a bit worried that is not even a EG-59 from what Im reading...

Hi Folks,

Apprently this could be a 1995 from what I have being told, do you guys know anything about the model/ pickup configuration contruction of the 95 models? I paid almost 1000 bucks for it shipped to UK and trying to decide to ship it back or what to really do with it...

Thanks

anyone can help, trying to ID a bit further this guitar? Im worried that due to the age and being 1995, doesnt really worth the money paid, or not even being the same quality expected

Sorry but it's hard to tell you what it's worth really.... it's not a 1985 but it looks like a quality guitar nonetheless. I wish i could remember where i've seen this guitar or its sister before. Could have been on the my les paul forum under "other single cuts" but i'm not sure. If i had to guess i'd say it would rival a Gibson Les Paul Standard, but perhaps without the nitro finish... As to the $$$ amount how much do those go for in the UK ?? Sorry i can't be much help but i suppose only you can know whether now that you know it isn't a 1985 like you thought would you still be happy with it or not ??

Latest posts

Back