Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greco 1985 eg-59

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henter2014
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Greco 1985 eg-59 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Need some help trying to identify the model and the pickups of my new recently purchased Greco eg-59, there are no stickets on the pickups and seems to have a veneer on the top

Thanks in advance!
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the little i know about Greco guitars that couldn't be from 1985 due to the closed "O" in Greco. 1985's had open "O"'s. It hyas a long tenon so it's not from the super real period either. It could be a 1990's or later with that serial number. I think i've seen that guitar or it's sister round these parts before.
henter2014
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, thanks for that!, It has been sold to me as a EG-59 1985, anyone know how can I verify this? Im starting to get a bit worried that is not even a EG-59 from what Im reading...
henter2014
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Apprently this could be a 1995 from what I have being told, do you guys know anything about the model/ pickup configuration contruction of the 95 models? I paid almost 1000 bucks for it shipped to UK and trying to decide to ship it back or what to really do with it...

Thanks
henter2014
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone can help, trying to ID a bit further this guitar? Im worried that due to the age and being 1995, doesnt really worth the money paid, or not even being the same quality expected
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but it's hard to tell you what it's worth really.... it's not a 1985 but it looks like a quality guitar nonetheless. I wish i could remember where i've seen this guitar or its sister before. Could have been on the my les paul forum under "other single cuts" but i'm not sure. If i had to guess i'd say it would rival a Gibson Les Paul Standard, but perhaps without the nitro finish... As to the $$$ amount how much do those go for in the UK ?? Sorry i can't be much help but i suppose only you can know whether now that you know it isn't a 1985 like you thought would you still be happy with it or not ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: