• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

DELETE ST-80 purchased.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Abbott

Reaction score
Hi

The Springy Sound I'm after has have an ash body, maple V neck, and it is mostly original. As previously stated it has to be made between 1978 and 1982.

It can any colour though sunburst is preferred.

I'm not prepared to pay silly money ($1300usd for example) but I'm open to reasonable offers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Mark

Where in Australia are you? I have this one I might part with. I'm in Brissie.

IMG_1725.jpg

That's a beauty!

And $1300 USD isn't "silly money" for an old ST80 (particularly in this shape) - they're coming out of Japan at that price range.

I think I need to clarify, $1300.00 ($1700aud) is silly money as the individual who was "selling" the guitar didn't own the guitar, I found the guitar for sale in Japan for $837.00.

I looked through the site and there were two ST-80's for sale and they aren't going for that sort of money.

I agree the ST-80 in the picture is a nice guitar. As far as price goes at $1150.00usd I can get a 2005 Eric Johnson Strat in the discontinued candy apple red. I've been lent one of these guitars and they are a nice guitar straight out of the box.

This isn't to say Tokai is a lesser brand but a comment about consumer spending. There comes a price point where the consumer will opt for the Fender over the Tokai.

Mark Abbott said:
This isn't to say Tokai is a lesser brand but a comment about consumer spending. There comes a price point where the consumer will opt for the Fender over the Tokai.
I would have to agree, as I've played some excellent Fenders (they have definitely made some great guitars).

This week, I should see Mojo Pin's ex ST-80 at my place. I built myself a Trainwreck Rocket, that will be the acid test for it.

Back