EG700 to EG800 Can't tell

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theyetti1

Reaction score
Alrighty short version lol.

So its a 78. Seller claimed its a EG700 or Eg900 didnt know for sure. Definatly a non chaimbured said 4.3kg, He had the pickups replaced with PAF From a 2005 Tokai. Interesting Bridge however. And claims maple neck?

So i was pretty convinced based on what i learned so far it was a 700 given the solid body, Pancake of course, But it has no body carve out on the back side. Fret Edge binding.
It just was difficult pinpointing the Body color. I noticed in the catalogs the 1977s had more plain top and a lighter look to them where the 1978s had a bit darker feel to them. So i was like alright well its a 78 so its got to be that. PULLED the Trigger with hours left i couldnt believe no one else went after it. Couldn't let it pass at the price it was.

Since i cant touch this guy for a few months ive just found myself randomly on google searching keywords, went through every single page in this greco forum, the mylespaul forums and i just havent seen a EG700 with this darker look to it.
I hit Youtube up and some 800s poped up in the search and i was like boom thats it! thats the color...but the pickups had the double white tops...forgive me but cant remember the type. But the body color was a pretty good match.

So i guess what do you experts think? just from that info you think 700? 800? or even 900? my Gut is telling me 700 but everything else says 800.
Im ecstatic either way i just want to know what i got exactly if possible...i hope to god its not a 500 or 450 but im pretty sure its not as the quality of the tops are pretty noticeable from that time.
I cant get my hands on it until sometime after October so im just seething with eagerness.
Sorry for my wordy post but thoughts and anyones opinions would be extremely valued.
Cheers
Rob

Definately an EG-700 or EG-800. Should be a maple neck and 3P sandwiched body. The bridge is not original.

Pictures of the pickups and headstock details could help date it further.

Back