Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1984 TSG 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.E.M.
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: 1984 TSG 50 Reply with quote

A while back I picked up what I figure is a stock 1984 TSG 50, minus the knobs that I changed myself.

The electronics are untouched except for a Switchcraft jack, it's got Tokai PAF's and the original harmonica bridge, which works quite well but may need new saddles.

It's a great player and sounds great, but the best part is it only weighs 2.9KG and yet there's no neck dive...

Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JEM,

The reason there's no neck dive is the SG-50 is based on the 1974 Type 4 SG where the body and neck join at fret 18 whereas the SG-60 is based on the 1963 Type 1 SG where the neck and body join at fret 20.
The Type 4 is a lot better balanced for this reason.

regards
Peter Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: