NGD Navigator N-SG-450

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibicus

Reaction score
It was 2 weeks ago when I found a Navigator SG 450 on Ishibashi's website and even if they sold it as used it looked mint to me.Still with protective foil on the backplate and trussrod cover.I asked for the condition and they told me except for almost invisible scratches on the pickguard it looks like a new guitar out of the box.I already bought another used guitar from this shop almost 2 years ago and it arrived absolutely brandnew.I pulled the trigger and went to the customs office last friday to pick it up after paying taxes.I never had a Nav before and the quality is absolutely outstanding.I do not know enough about the brand to say it is really masterbuild handcrafted by one guy but the playability,sustain and sound are amazing.The Seymour Duncan pickups fit perfectly and even if my biggest pleasure is always to pimp a new guitar this one will stay untouched as it is simply perfect

Lucke Luke said:
I was caught drooling over your guitar and my partner simply commented saying that is a beautiful "emerald green" hard case you got there.

Congratulations on your hard-case, couldn't have made a better purchase. :lol:

You are right the hard case is wonderful and this was a really good purchase and the price was absolutely ok.Never knew that black guitars are veritable dust magnets though... :lol:

Really... after all those years with black TVs and other equipment? If you want visible dust, black is your friend.

store_ocdc_v2_1024x1024.jpg

Could you tell me where the Navigator sits in terms of price range as their model numbers mean nothing to me.

Personally, I think SGs have the best design of the shapes I've tried. Nice, comfortable body and amazing necks with a joint so far up that even reaching 22nd fret is no hassle.

What kind of neck is it? Slim taper as found in 61' reissues or is it beefier?

Well a black TV is still different from a high gloss black guitar...will search for a austrich freather duster :lol:
Navs are priced like Tokais or Grecos.A SG450 is listed with 450000 Yen.Price have been increased,the model is now called SG480 and costs 480000 Yen.Wicked if you consider that the Tokai top SG comes for 196000...The neck is not that huge as a Greco Super Real neck for example.The neck is beefy but not a baseball bat and plays very comfortable.I had a 2007 Love Rock LS-150 with the same neck shape and size.Not too big and not too small just right.

That's quite an intriguing price difference if the top end Tokai SG comes at 200 and your Navigator is more than double. Any suspicion as to why...?

Not really.It is said that the navs are made from at least 30 year old wood and from one luthier what Fender is calling masterbuild.But I know that for Tokais best woods are used as well.I do not think that I personally could find a difference between playing a premium Nav or a premium Tokai.Still waiting for someone who has more knowledge about Navigator guitars than I have.
I would not buy a new one in Japan.Shipping is around 150 euros and we pay 23% on top of the total price (guitar + shipping).Fortunately this one was reduced and without any signs of usage on it.

Latest posts

Back