• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-200 OS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
Rare early 1981 Tokai LS-200 OS for sale.

Only few of these custom order Tokai's were made and this one has been in Europe since at least the early 90s. A former owner has put mini switches on it which were later changed for the brass studs you see now.
This Tokai has a beautiful finish which is somewhere in between a BS and a OS finish. Probably OS but because of the cashew lacquer only used on these highest end Tokai?s she's different in appearance from the normal OS.
She has a lovely restrained solid flame top with beautiful streaks and flecks, a one piece back and really got that old wood sound.
I have changed the tuners for beautiful Uncle Lou tuners which will be included in the sale. She also sports aged Faber locking bridge and locking tailpiece and has 50s wiring, CTS TVT pots and early 60s Sprague black beauty caps.
Pickups are Seymour Duncan 59s and frets are in excellent condition.
Weight is 4.14 kg or 9 lbs 2 oz.
Neck profile is average 1959 burst profile (ref: BOTB).
Comes with original Tokai pink lining hard shell case.
Price 2900 euro plus shipping.

From the description:

jacco said:
A former owner has put mini switches on it which were later changed for the brass studs you see now.

Everything ok in the granite city? :D

jacco said:
From the description:

jacco said:
A former owner has put mini switches on it which were later changed for the brass studs you see now.

Everything ok in the granite city? :D

Right... my bad. Clearly I didn't read the description :oops:

No.. I'm still counting the days before I can leave it.

We somehow managed to get snow at the end of April.
photo_2015_05_06_15_55_11.jpg

Last time I visited Scotland I had great weather, that was west coast though. Talisker distillery was closed for a few months because of lack of rain :D

Where will you be moving to?

jacco said:
Last time I visited Scotland I had great weather, that was west coast though. Talisker distillery was closed for a few months because of lack of rain :D

Where will you be moving to?

Beautiful photographs.

And don't get me wrong, Scotland is a beautiful country. However, it does have some miserable cities (Aberdeen being one of them). As far as cities are concerned, I personally really enjoy central Glasgow - although it is prone to rain as far a I am aware.

I have not seen much of the west coast, however I have lived in Ballater (Cairngorms National Park) for a year. The national park is gorgeous, but it has not go any other industry besides tourism making it rather unsuitable for anyone who isn't retired, or there for a summer job.

My partner is from the Speyside (Aberlour) and the area is full of whisky distileries if that is your kind of thing? I do recommend going there, or the Cairngorms. ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speyside_single_malt

Once we're both done with our studies we will probably head to some larger city located in; Australia, Canada or USA. The latter being the biggest pain in the bum to get into :)

p.s. if you were interested, i do have some photos

Lucke Luke said:
Beautiful photographs.

And don't get me wrong, Scotland is a beautiful country. However, it does have some miserable cities (Aberdeen being one of them). As far as cities are concerned, I personally really enjoy central Glasgow - although it is prone to rain as far a I am aware.

I have not seen much of the west coast, however I have lived in Ballater (Cairngorms National Park) for a year. The national park is gorgeous, but it has not go any other industry besides tourism making it rather unsuitable for anyone who isn't retired, or there for a summer job.

My partner is from the Speyside (Aberlour) and the area is full of whisky distileries if that is your kind of thing? I do recommend going there, or the Cairngorms. ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speyside_single_malt

Once we're both done with our studies we will probably head to some larger city located in; Australia, Canada or USA. The latter being the biggest pain in the bum to get into :)

p.s. if you were interested, i do have some photos

I've travelled to Scotland about 20 times and have been a fanatic whisky collector in the past. I have shifted a bit towards wine lately but still got 85 different Scottish single malts atm. Although I really like Speyside, both scenery and whisky, I love westcoast and especially Islay whisky!

That's a big step in life you have planned, what are you studying?

Hey guys,

Luke, you should come to Australia - always good to have another Scot here down under plus our winter weather is the same as a Scottish summer . . .lol.

Jacco - Congrats on selling the LS-200. If it is headed to Oz, then I look forward to seeing it in the "wood".

Peter Mac

jacco said:
I've travelled to Scotland about 20 times and have been a fanatic whisky collector in the past. I have shifted a bit towards wine lately but still got 85 different Scottish single malts atm. Although I really like Speyside, both scenery and whisky, I love westcoast and especially Islay whisky!

That's a big step in life you have planned, what are you studying?

I rarely ever drink. I don't mind whisky too much, but I wouldn't pay for it or choose it over juice, however I do find it amusing how in some of the villages whisky is almost like a currency that gets traded around at birthdays. :lol: On the bright side, it will never depreciate! (until someone drops the bottle of course)

I do enjoy white wine, but it makes me sneeze a little (red wine more than white). If anyone knows why, let me know. :)

We're both doing masters in architecture. I got one year left till I graduate, while the other half has got 2 years.

Peter Mac said:
Hey guys,
Luke, you should come to Australia - always good to have another Scot here down under plus our winter weather is the same as a Scottish summer . . .lol.

I could definitely do with some nicer weather. Although, my partner's a peely wally and burns in the sun like crazy. If you wanted to host each other, let me know. Always happy to avoid paying for hotels. 8)

We're not set on our destination yet as just last week, we were contemplating the idea of central europe; germany, austria, netherlands... perhaps german speaking part of switzerland. We know what kind of place we'd be seeking; livable, cyclable, urban and well inter-connected. However, that will have to be weighed against available practices, as well as the added bonus of visa nonsense.

And oh, yesterday we attended a discourse by Glenn Murcutt in Edinburgh, a high profile Australian architect if you've ever heard of him. Lovely guy.

Edinburgh Train Station:
Train_Station_Small.jpg

Lucke Luke said:
I do enjoy white wine, but it makes me sneeze a little (red wine more than white). If anyone knows why, let me know. :)
Sorry I don't know why it happens, but I sometimes get the sneezes and sinus/allergy reaction the day after drinking wine.

Lucke Luke said:
Edinburgh Train Station:
Train_Station_Small.jpg
That is great!

JVsearch said:
Lucke Luke said:
Sorry I don't know why it happens, but I sometimes get the sneezes and sinus/allergy reaction the day after drinking wine.

Well, I do know why that happens, it's part of my professional expertise.
Wine has lots of histamine in it because of the fermentation proces and it also contains sulphite. Both can cause allergic reactions, like sneezing.
Do you have hay fever allergy?

jacco said:
JVsearch said:
Lucke Luke said:

Wine has lots of histamine in it because of the fermentation proces and it also contains sulphite. Both can cause allergic reactions, like sneezing.

I'm not aware of any allergies or anything... other than wine that makes me sneeze, and muesli that makes me ****. :lol: However, I have had myself tested for food intolerance, and oddly enough the test came clean.

When I drink wine I feel a wee tingling/tickling sensation in my nose that then causes me to sneeze. With white wine, the sensation is not as strong, and so it does not always make me sneeze. Which is sad, as I do enjoy it! :(

jacco said:
JVsearch said:
Lucke Luke said:

I never did have hay fever, but as I've got older I've been wondering if I'm starting to get it.
Although, every time I think I'm getting it due to ageing I remember that I had a couple of glasses of red as well! :lol:

The sulphites are the preservative?

JVsearch said:
The sulphites are the preservative?

Yes and no.
Sulphite is a product of the fermentation process. So every wine has a small quantity.
But it is also added by the producer as a preservative. The amount every producer adds is different and the reason some wines give more reaction than others.

Latest posts

Back