Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEFT HANDED Goldstar Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnawe
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: LEFT HANDED Goldstar Sound Reply with quote

Hi good people! After cleaning up the basement I found my old Goldstar that I bought brand new in 1983. I'd like to sell her but am not sure of the model.(according to this great site the left handed versions were made in 85?) It has a small oval sticker on the back that says 55 and the serial # is 20731. I'd also love to know what a fair asking price would be! I have pictures but dont know how to upload them..
Thanks
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mtnawe,

From your brief description, I would go with the guitar being a 1984/85 TST-55L with a maple neck and one of 5 colours - Black, Olympic White, Metallic Red, 2 tone Sunburst or 3-Tone Sunburst.
It should have grey bottomed pickups with either 'U' or 'VII' stamped on them as well as a body stamp in the controls cavity and a similar stamp on the base of the neck. Code will be something like 5=8 MR Z.
The body will be Alder.

Peter MAc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: