Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage Burny Les Paul models with full maple cap?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandfish
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Vintage Burny Les Paul models with full maple cap? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm shopping around for a Japanese Les Paul model, and am looking for anything Burny from the mid 70's to early 90's, but as I'm looking for a model with the mahogany body and a full maple cap, I'm not clear what has what.

What model numbers and up should I be looking for?

Cheers,

Nick
MancFrank
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Do you mean non - pancake / chambered body or non - veneer?

I have a 1987 Dyna / Matsumoku Fernandes branded odd ball (in a good way!) that I may be looking to part with. Looks like the body was intended for a Mats RLG - 90 but was completed by Dyna after Mats' demise. It has a Dyna style, open book headstock, no heel cap & has FEB. Body has a two piece centre seamed maple top under a cherry burst veneer. Has L8000 / VH 3 pups & electrics wired as per an RLG - 60. Even more unusual is that it appears to have a serial too. It has a couple of dings but nothing major, plays beautifully and sounds awesome.

I'd be looking for ?600 + carriage and I'll ship in an old but sturdy 'Coffin' style case for protection.

Let me know if there's an interest & I'll rustle up some pics.

Frank

Edit: Some pics here:
https://flic.kr/p/pSqycX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: