Tokai LS vs ESP Eclipse

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrius

Reaction score
I know this might not be the best place for such a question, but still: do you guys think an ESP Eclipse from E-II or post-2010 Standard series is as good as Tokai LS150-160? It seems like they are in the same price category. Apart from things like ESP being not full thickness body (which is fine with me), different pickups (they can be replaced) and differences in neck profile shapes - do you know if the woods used and the craftsmanship are of the same quality?
I know Tokai are really high quality, and the question is whether ESP Eclipse is close to it in terms of quality.

Ive played the Eclipse II and they are very nice, to me though, they feel more like a a nice Ibanez than a Les Paul.

I think they have real flat board radii, 12" which i dont love. They have 24 frets,very accessible, which i do love. I personally dont like the look of the headstock, but i like the inlays.

Craftsmanship is excellent in my opinion, but this is really one of those that you have to play yourself. Because its fairly unique in my opinion, it doesnt play like and LP or a Strat or a Tele...

I played one, and it's alright, but unfortunately, I can't compare the quality of the craftsmanship to Tokai. But I missed the fact that it has 24 frets :)

The craftmanship is close in my limited experience, mind you I've played only 2 ESP Eclipse EII at a Guitar Center by me, the Tokai finish and attention to detail seems better.

But it's hard to say because the ESP's I played were floor models at a store that have probably had 100's of people play them.

Back