What pick-up's have you put into your Japanese Love-Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEFTY-GT

Reaction score
Hi There, this is my first post so try to bear with me until I find my feet. I've just bought a 2002 Lefty Japanese Golt Top Love-Rock, and while I love the bridge pick-up, I hate the one in the neck, far too "wooly" for me. Has any one changed they're pup's? I've been looking at Seth-Lover's and Burst-Buckers and have even thought P90's, anyone any thought's on this??

Lefty-GT

I put Duncan Alnico 2 pro's in mine.

Very warm and clear, with distortion they really sing and you can hear every note clear as a bell.

You may want to consider the Duncan Jazz for the neck too.

A few companies do the humbucker-sized p90's now.

Paladin2019, I agree about the Alnico pro's, I have one in the neck of my Hohner L59(excellent Les Paul copy), with a custom-custom in the bridge. I have made my mind up, though, I'm keeping the bridge pick-up in,(my gold-top, that is) it's as good as any I've heard.Now I just have to find a neck pick-up with a nickel cover to compliment it. Would it be too outrageous to have the original PAF style in the bridge, and a hunbucker-sized P90 in the neck? would it work?

LEFTY-GT

My Everest LP is now sporting a pair of Bartolini neck pups, and they sound great. I took out the chrome HBs, and was worried that the black soapbar looking Bartolinis might ruin the cosmetics. They didn't. The sound is very rich and lots of low end. (What I was looking for...) It makes sense, if you replace a cheap copy HB with a more expensive name brand set-up, it'll prolly sound alot better. Good luck!
:wink:

Latest posts

Back