Yamaha THR

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcusnieman said:
Which one did you get?
THR10C (I think they call it the custom blues version?)

marcusnieman said:
Pretty happy so far, but I just run it(in between things) for an hour or so. It?s more than I hoped/expected for, lots of different usable settings and it?s even louder than I thought. All in the context of a bedroom amp, of course.

Tonight is the big test. :D

They sort of look like toasters

THR10-xlarge.jpg

Yeah and they have little red lights inside them to emulate tubes when it's turned on.

I've heard nothing but great things about these little amps.

I have the THR10 as pictured above, fabulous little amp for the money. And can be used as a battery powered iPod speaker to boot. :)

Might need to pick one of those up. Leaning towards the THR10C

Here's the lineup if anyone else is curious:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/amps/thr/#tab=product_lineup

Just though I'd chip in. Best home am I've ever had and I've been through a few, tried powerscaling, low wattage valves amp the lot. It even has a nice acoustic setting and you can play a bass through it. THR10C you won't be sorry.

I just popped over to Guitar Center near me at work and took the THR10C for a spin.....pretty much blown away at what it can do. The amp modeling and effects features are pretty great - not all compressed and digital sounding. As others have said, it's a great little practice amp for home.

marcusnieman said:
I just popped over to Guitar Center near me at work and took the THR10C for a spin.

Did you try it in a seperate test room/sound cabine, cancelling surrounding sound pollution as much as possible?
I did (even brought my own guitar and cable), and even then, it still sounded better in my home environment .

No, they had it chained to the display but there were no other wankers in there - just a guy noodling around on a bass.

Sounded surprisingly good in that environment - can only imagine how good it'll sound at home.

Returned the THR to the shop, it produced a mechanical resonating noise on some of the settings, while playing certain notes or chords.
Sadly enough, because I liked the way it sounded (without the rattle of course :wink: ).

IIRC gain, master and output all at 12 o?clock, bass, middle and treble also around 12 o?clock. Effect on tremolo, reverb on hall.
I don?t remember exactly what amp preset setting, I think it was class A, but it could have been deluxe, definitely one of these two.
Open Am chord and single notes on D and G string, somewhere between 9th and 15th fret.
Single coil pickups.

It wasn?t the springs in the empty battery compartment, and it didn?t resonate when using headphones.
Probably something mechanical, I guess it?s due to the cramped/small housing enclosure.

Back