Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRY Z Crushers!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: DRY Z Crushers!!!! Reply with quote

They have done it. I just tried these being extremely skeptical as I LOVE Dry Z's and Screamin 82's and even the lesser than versions but these PU's sound better than Anything I've ever heard. Period. Game over. And you can't accuse me of being an Endorser because I'm not.. I'm a fan. Blown away. And they are on sale this month. PU's from Ireland? Oh well.. Seriously you guys these are in my opinion the best PU's I've EVER HEARD.

http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-zero/
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOT PRICES!

Very tempted, but I'm still evaluating my new old Dimarzios for a while.
Rebar
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've got my attention. This firm are literally on my doorstep. Looks like my plans for a pair of DiMarzio 36ths are on hold!

On further checking, it turns out my in-laws live 2 miles away from Deacci. Next time, it might JUST be worth visiting them.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for "that" set of pickups for my Bacchus Classic Series LP. The original pickups are quite dark sounding so I put a set of Peter Florance Voo Doo's in it.... better but not what I'd like to hear. Might give these a try based upon Mitch's glowing review.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you don't know me and don't know my ears etc so it might be hard to just take my word for it. BUt let me just say again. This is next level stuff. They sound so much more musical than anything I've heard and yet at the same time they sound like every great tone you've ever loved or heard. I've tried SOOOOO many boutique "great" pickups and sent them back. I'm placing a large order today for more of these. I'm seriously putting them in everything. They are that good. Cant wait till they come with some Single coils. I have a seriously deep level of trust they will be the best I've ever heard as well.
funkilius
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds exactly what i'm looking for.....................very informative review here:
http://guitargear.org/2014/07/09/gear-review-deacci-pure-legend-green-faze-humbuckers/

think i'll pull the trigger on these........
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah do it. I gotta say though those sound samples are not a real representative of how good these are. No offense to the dude playing them but what I'm hearing here and what I'm hearing from him are in two different worlds. These pu's are ridiculously good. So I'm betting when you get them in you will be thrilled.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I go with nickel covers or double cream for this one:

brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a stunner of a guitar Marcus. I'm leaning towards nickel, but it's tempting to give the old middle finger salute to DiMarzio isn't it ??
MrDeacci
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus
If it helps you decide, the bobbins are butyrate, so they look a little nicer than the abs plastic on everything else. I have Zebras in my EGF1200 as the double cream looked too stark with the less figured top. In your case I think the double cream will look well with that fantastic top but nickel will definately work too.

Many thanks Mitch, I honestly had no idea he was going to post this, Mitch is a very hard task master, and over the couple of years we have been in touch he had no difficulty telling me when the pickups were just not right, and I very much appreciate his constructive criticism, he really has no idea how much it has influenced my direction over this last few years.

My aim is to keep pricing as low as possible for as long as possible. The current offer will be extended until at least the end of October and possibly further, current stock permitting.

Any questions please shout and I will do my very best to answer.

the Dry-Z like set that Mitch currently has is this one
http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-two/

Mr Deacci (aka Declan)
Deacci Guitar pickups
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say nickel but with that top you can't lose the cream would also look amazing.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm selling this on Ebay looks like your Bacchus. http://www.ebay.com/itm/201178604905?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
funkilius
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer zebra's on that beautiful top !!!!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys... now I'm confused. Perhaps I'll get the double creams with the nickel covers on the side in case I want to put them on.

That Hamer is real nice Mitch!

Hi Declan,
I was wondering which pickups Mitch was glowing about - the link he'd put up were the Vintage Zeros - which have the Alnico 3 magnets. My Bacchus seems to be quite dark sounding and I'm looking to brighten it up a bit and I was interested in the zeros because they are noted as being your brightest sounding pickups - low output too.

That said, which from your lineup would you recommend? I heard the sound clips of your Peter Green pickups and they really sound nice too.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-two/

I had it wrong sorry it's these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: