DRY Z Crushers!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
They have done it. I just tried these being extremely skeptical as I LOVE Dry Z's and Screamin 82's and even the lesser than versions but these PU's sound better than Anything I've ever heard. Period. Game over. And you can't accuse me of being an Endorser because I'm not.. I'm a fan. Blown away. And they are on sale this month. PU's from Ireland? Oh well.. Seriously you guys these are in my opinion the best PU's I've EVER HEARD.

http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-zero/

Now you've got my attention. This firm are literally on my doorstep. Looks like my plans for a pair of DiMarzio 36ths are on hold! :wink:

On further checking, it turns out my in-laws live 2 miles away from Deacci. Next time, it might JUST be worth visiting them. :evil:

Looking for "that" set of pickups for my Bacchus Classic Series LP. The original pickups are quite dark sounding so I put a set of Peter Florance Voo Doo's in it.... better but not what I'd like to hear. Might give these a try based upon Mitch's glowing review.

I know you don't know me and don't know my ears etc so it might be hard to just take my word for it. BUt let me just say again. This is next level stuff. They sound so much more musical than anything I've heard and yet at the same time they sound like every great tone you've ever loved or heard. I've tried SOOOOO many boutique "great" pickups and sent them back. I'm placing a large order today for more of these. I'm seriously putting them in everything. They are that good. Cant wait till they come with some Single coils. I have a seriously deep level of trust they will be the best I've ever heard as well.

sounds exactly what i'm looking for.....................very informative review here:
http://guitargear.org/2014/07/09/gear-review-deacci-pure-legend-green-faze-humbuckers/

think i'll pull the trigger on these........ :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yeah do it. I gotta say though those sound samples are not a real representative of how good these are. No offense to the dude playing them but what I'm hearing here and what I'm hearing from him are in two different worlds. These pu's are ridiculously good. So I'm betting when you get them in you will be thrilled.

That's a stunner of a guitar Marcus. I'm leaning towards nickel, but it's tempting to give the old middle finger salute to DiMarzio isn't it ??

Marcus
If it helps you decide, the bobbins are butyrate, so they look a little nicer than the abs plastic on everything else. I have Zebras in my EGF1200 as the double cream looked too stark with the less figured top. In your case I think the double cream will look well with that fantastic top but nickel will definately work too.

Many thanks Mitch, I honestly had no idea he was going to post this, Mitch is a very hard task master, and over the couple of years we have been in touch he had no difficulty telling me when the pickups were just not right, and I very much appreciate his constructive criticism, he really has no idea how much it has influenced my direction over this last few years.

My aim is to keep pricing as low as possible for as long as possible. The current offer will be extended until at least the end of October and possibly further, current stock permitting.

Any questions please shout and I will do my very best to answer.

the Dry-Z like set that Mitch currently has is this one
http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-two/

Mr Deacci (aka Declan)
Deacci Guitar pickups

I'd say nickel but with that top you can't lose the cream would also look amazing.

I'm selling this on Ebay looks like your Bacchus. http://www.ebay.com/itm/201178604905?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks guys... now I'm confused. Perhaps I'll get the double creams with the nickel covers on the side in case I want to put them on.

That Hamer is real nice Mitch!

Hi Declan,
I was wondering which pickups Mitch was glowing about - the link he'd put up were the Vintage Zeros - which have the Alnico 3 magnets. My Bacchus seems to be quite dark sounding and I'm looking to brighten it up a bit and I was interested in the zeros because they are noted as being your brightest sounding pickups - low output too.

That said, which from your lineup would you recommend? I heard the sound clips of your Peter Green pickups and they really sound nice too.

Sorry to confuse you more but I did a Direct Comparison with these and the Screamin 82s which have that little high end hair on them and I much prefer these. And I LOVE me some Scremin 82. Loved I should say. LOL I even bought extra sets I liked them so much. Anyone wanna buy some screamin 82's? LOL

Timely. Glad to see this. Wondering about shipping to the U.S. ?

Marcus,

It is really all down to your taste, the Zero through to the III are intended to be the full range of output that you would expect to find from a good selection of old PAF's.

Being the lowest output the Zeros are indeed the brightest, stronger magnets are the easiest way to compensate for more compression and darker tones as you put more wire on the bobbin.

I use 42 AWG with a thicker insulation on the PG neck pickup to help brighten it it up a little more than standard. The PG set is otherwise very similar to the the Ones. If you dont want the out of phase thing then its easy to simply not do it. So with A2 Mags you can still have bright with a little more output, just not quite as articulate and airy as the Zeros.

the choice..... is completely yours but I will try to keep you on a track that will work.

Sigmania,

shipping to the US is ?15 however the system will remove 20% vat from the sale proce for non-EU customers so you guys get an even better deal as I am fairly sure US customs don't add any import duties on a value this small, although please check that out as I am not sure if there is a variation by state

declan

I should ask before I order. Are the prices per pickup? Or per set?

Also, if I get covers, are they soldered or separate and I can add them later if I choose?

Thanks!

Prices are per set, and you can have your covers however you wish. Just let me.know when.ordering as by default they are soldered on

Back