• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-100S OR Mahogany Top w/ Case

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drasp

Reaction score
1981 Tokai Love Rock LS-100S

Single piece mahogany body AND single piece mahogany slab top!!! Ultra rare model, early, pre-CNC, hand-built Love Rock. This sucker is barely over 8lbs & rings like a bell!!! Total beater in all the best ways, neck shaved from the original '59 spec carve to a '60s slim taper, left unfinished with great transitions from nitro-to-wood & back again, feels VERY nice. Well executed/clean home-brew headstock repair, seems totally solid, sounds fantastic both unplugged & plugged in. Ages ago cheap aftermarket tuners were fitted, previous owner removed these & replaced them w/ the correct Gotoh/Kluson style tuners & repair bushings. Ships in a correct black/green Tokai case & includes the PCB (full sized MIJ pots + mojo caps + shielded '50s wiring fitted by PO) If you are a fan of honest-to-goodness play wear, this guitar will BLOW YOUR MIND - elsewise, keep on moving, nothing to see here. . .

Acquired this guitar very recently, in love with everything about it except the shaved neck. *IF* I were a fan of a '60s slim taper type neck, my search would be over. I put my favorite Seth Lovers in this guitar & it simply SINGS. I had thought it would be dark due to the single piece mahogany cap, NOT SO. It gives my '79 LS-120 a run for its money, maybe even more complex than the Reborn. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but the slim neck just doesn't work for me. I am actively looking to replace this guitar with the EXACT same model w/o modification. . .

Pix! Tried my darnedest to show the variation in how the finish looks under different lighting situations/viewing angles - sometimes its a gorgeous brown, somtimes more red, sometimes looks opaque, sometimes the grain is very clear - LOVE IT!!!

81_tokai_ls-100s_a.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_c.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_d.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_f.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_g.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_h.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_l.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_m.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_n.JPG

81_tokai_ls-100s_o.JPG

Here is your chance to snag one HELLUVA Tokai from the end of the golden era, pre-CNC MIJ period for a fraction of what it would normally fetch. Dig thin necks? Yeah!? ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY.

$850 Shipped & PayPal'd

Sweet guitar, even with the shaved down neck i'd grab that if i wasn't skint from the last 3 guitars i just bought. Good luck with the sale mate.

Latest posts

Back