What year is this and does anyone know anything about it

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me its a 1980 or 80 something and it is great. Cause it's mine. LOL What PU's are in it ETC ETC.

Nobody knows I guess. Not yet anyway. Someones gonna know you guys are friken amazing with this info.

Spirits of the live is on the headstock. Is part of the locking piece gone on the Nut?

Nothing like that was around for Greco in 1980 so my guess would be 1990. Not sure of the specs at all but there are some catalogs out there so someone will chime in sooner or later I bet.

Well my white lp is an 89 and is pretty great but did they make anything good in 1990?

That guitar is seriously sick nice looking. I had no idea they did a finish like that.

I think 1990 was a transitional year, the end of the mint collection Greco's. For LP style guitars you have some that are made in Japan by fujigen, others made by Cort-Tek and possibly others without serial numbers and with a single bolt to the neck in the back body where the strap button is found on a 335 style guitar. I have seen some examples of these guitars but i don't have any myself so i can't attest to them, but i would think that a 1990 MIJ Fujigen Greco guitar would be equal to a likewise model from 1989.

Well it looks very nice and I have only made one mistake so far on a greco so I have a good feeling about it.

Wulfman's guitar looks killer, he always has some very nice guitars on his couch. I like mint collection Greco's myself, they have a very comfortable feel about them, and usually can be had for great value.

I remember your white custom with the wheel Mitch, that was awesome.

THat's a Great guitar. New fretts plekd even had the finger board leveled and of course Dr z's in it. It now has white trim it looks amazing. I'll post some pics soon. It's my live guitar.

Back