Neck issues - need to replace - Jazz Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbuhlman

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Jazz Sound and the neck is warped bad enough that I need to replace it. The truss rod works but the treble side is too flat and the bass side has too much relief. Has anyone replaced their neck? If so does a Mighty Mite neck fit? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Bill

I have replaced my MIJ Fender JB-62 neck with a Mighty Might one, no problem, fits perfectly.
For your Tokai, just measure the dimensions of your actual neck heel and check them against the MM ones
The only problem I've encountered is that the MM neck is delivered with some sealer on it, so it can olny be vintage amber tinted by applying tinted lacquer.
(I've replaced the pickups with Fender Custom Shop 60's and the pots with CTs ones as well)

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I sent the neck off to a guy in Texas that claimed by a heat treatment he could get the neck to stay straight but its not working. I appreciate your information...

OK, just purchased a Fender Squier Classic Vibe 60s jazz bass neck which looks to be the same measurements as the Tokai neck...I'll post results when I get it installed. Hate to do this but hopefully the info may help another down the road.

The Squier Classic Vibe 60's neck is really close to the Tokai Jazz Sound neck in feel and measurements. The frets are narrow like the Jazz Sound as well. It was a little too wide for the neck pocket on the body but I sanded the finish off one side of the neck and it fits fine. This neck is a good replacement fit. It did not alter the sound or the feel of the Jazz Sound. Just wish now I could find a decal!!

Back